- Do the contents of my business need to be moved away from the premises during the restoration proces
- Why does my specialty floor need to be removed?
- What causes mould in my home?
Depending on the source, nature and extent of the fire, it may be advisable to move all your belongings to a secure facility for cleaning and storage, and to make room for restoration or construction. ServiceMaster Restore will work with you and your insurance claim representative to manage this process seamlessly.
Nonporous flooring can trap water and prevent it and the materials under it from drying properly.
Excess moisture caused by leaks or flooding in your home — especially in typically damp environments like your kitchen, laundry room and bathrooms — creates the perfect breeding ground for mould or mildew. To control and reduce the risk for mould growth in these areas, you must properly maintain your plumbing system and monitor appliances that use large quantities of water, such as dish washers and washing machines. Small amounts of indoor mould are unavoidable and usually harmless. In damp environments, however, mould spores can more easily reproduce and cause more serious and difficult to remove mould problems.